My last post should have been about my new years resolutions. But like everything I seem to do these days this is coming late and a little hap hazard.
Things that Happened in 2015
- First artist residency at the Art Farm!
- Became member of the Greater Kansas City Fiber Guild and learned to spin
- First ikebana students at Powell Gardens!
- Started teaching at Warrensburg Community Center
- Sculptures were made
- Got into the Missouri Top 50
- Now an award winning artist because of my ribbons from the Knob Noster Fair
- First plein air embroidery
Art Resolutions for 2016
- Organize plein air event on Whiteman AFB
- Design, paint, and organize community mural event for 509 MUNS squadron.
- Ohanami ikebana/art event with Art Impressions Gallery & Framing in Sedalia
- Apply for Brush Creek artist residency
- Apply for Personal Development Grant from the Surface Design Association
- One juried show or maybe even a solo show (I always try to do one a year)
- Get work in a gallery in the KC area
- Continue to teach classes at Powell Gardens and Warrensburg Community Center (more classes?)
- More ikebana garden club demos in area
- Get better at spinning, both on my wheel and on my spindle
- Grow indigo and dye something
- Complete some sculptures from the Art Farm
- Start a new series with pastels and embroideries. It came to me in a dream now I just need to execute it.
- Just keep working and don't get into slumps where all I do is knit and read romance novels.
Slow and steady progress. It's hard to believe we've only been in Missouri a year. I have some high hopes for 2016. With luck my Chinese horoscope is completely wrong.
Reading: Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
Listening to: Haitian Revolution podcast....It's really interesting guys and one of the pivotal revolutions of the well ever.
Eating: Less. I'm in a competition with my husband to see who loses ten pounds first by April 1st. Winner gets $50 and a day of unencumbered shopping and it's going to be me. Help, I'm so hungry!